23 November 2010

what I am

At this age, I have to face facts...

I am never going to be famous.
I am never going to be President.
I am never going to live in the snow capped mountains.
I am never going to be a caught up on housework/laundry.
I am never going to have an all expenses paid vacation.
I am never going to meet a Beatle.
I am never going to be able to afford elective surgery for anyone in my family (I am looking at eye surgeries here, not implants).
I am never going to give up my paper addiction.
I am never going to give up my love for Carnival Cruise Line.
I am never going to experience a Glacier Bay National Park like John Muir did.





What I am.
Is someone that believes in doing something because you are told or asked to.

What I am.
Is happily married to someone who loves me like I am. He accepts the flaws, the talents (are there some?), the quirks, the crazy paper addiction.

What I am.
Is someone that thinks her kids are the greatest, sports...band...yeah, they can do it all!

What I am.
Is someone that feels most people don't give things 100%, some not even 50%

What I am.
Is someone who is sick of people thinking they are owed stuff/perks just because they breathe. And I am awed by those that bust their tails to do right by people that not only deserve it but also help those people that think they are owed.

What I am.
Is someone who loves shoes!

What I am.
Is someone that LOVES music....loves, loves, loves MUSIC!!!

What I am.
Is someone who doesn't understand why people make fun of people cause they are different. You should really look in the mirror. Maybe I am happy with my lot and proud to be different.

What I am
Is someone that used to fear electronics and now can't get enough time with them.

What I am.
Is someone that believes the government is going in the wrong direction, in most cases.

What I am.
Is someone who thinks texting/surfing/dialing while driving is gonna kill someone I love.

What I am.
Is someone who thinks that the powers that be don't get how important early childhood is, and have a strong desire to change that belief.

What I am.
Is someone who makes a mad buttermilk cookie. I will NOT share the recipe with you though. It is my only mad cooking skill. You will love them!!!

What I am.
Is someone who thinks that the cost of healthcare is going to hurt her family. But Humana's profits are up 30% and Aetna is up 53%....I am sure that my plan is up quite a bit too, due to increased premiums. You should get a discount as in car insurance, the less you use it the less you pay. I didn't know how good we had it when we had an employer that paid for ALL the costs.

What I am.
Is someone who thinks that government is ridding the USA of a middle class.

What I am.
Is someone who believes and lives by "early to bed, early to rise", the ringer will be off after 7:30.

What I am.
Is someone who really needs a maid.

What I am.
Is someone who has to eat often and can't understand why you can't understand that. It's like denying me my medication, I can have serious problems without food.

What I am.
Is someone who likes to have plans/itineraries and I think you are rude to not extend me the courtesy of making one. How would you like me to give you my minute by minute schedule and ask you to live by it. That is how I feel without mine and how I feel if you drop something on me at the last minute. I like to have a week.

What I am.
Is someone who needs more hours in the day.

What I am.
Is someone who would love a new desktop at home.

What I am.
Is someone who feels better after she reads a book.

What I am.
Is someone who doesn't like skate competitions on short ice.

What I am.
Is someone who tries to be creative on something every day...what a stress reliever.

What I am.
Is someone that is cold most of the time.

What I am.
Is someone who doesn't understand mean people.

What I am.
Is someone that has seen every episode of Dallas (and desires to own them).

What I am.
Is someone who hates to fold clothes.

What I am.
Can't apologize for being what I am.