30 May 2011

Bon Voyage

I have had in mind a Bon Voyage card for quite some time.  Even sketched how I wanted it to be.  I wanted it to appear as if it was featuring a port hole (to honor my love of cruise ships) and wanted it to be a sailing card.  This was fun, thanks cr84fn!!

To get my look:
blue and kraft card stock: recollections
Pen by Sharpie
all edges are inked with stazon
white card stock is an insert from a photo album
ship was designed by me and painted by me
ocean was painted by me
port hole and mast was painted by me
I used the following paints----
     Cobalt Blue-apple barrel
     White and Burnt Umber by Winsor and Newton
      Light blue--Robin's Egg Blue by craft smart
     Tropical Blue by Apple Barrel

The boat is very easy to make if you choose.  Each piece was drawn and cut out separately to custom the look.  I cut the triangle sail down quite a bit before I got the look that I wanted. 

PS someone please tell me how to fix my photos on blogger?  I rotated it in Microsoft digital image and saved it.  The picture appears correct on my computer, but as soon as it is uploaded it rotates around.  HELP!!!!!