05 August 2012

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Today I read Tim Holtz's new blog post...he had posted this months tag.  Tim used a silhouette of a Victorianish age lady...I thought, "wow that would look good with a little steampunk".  Inspired I was....here is what I made...

I started with a cardboard base.

 I don't have a book plate embossing folder so I made a template from cardstock so that I could have a void in the middle of the embossing folder and therefore leaving the middle blank.  My cardstock template was 4 sheets thick and I used tab 2 on my multipurpose platform.



Then I took the embossed cardboard and painted it with Distress paint dabber in Picket Fence (Distress inks will resist this and it will help in the color process later).

Tim used a pretty frame stamp, but again I did not have this stamp (or anything like it) so I used a tab stamp.  I inked part of it with embossing ink, stamped onto the paper...poured on Midnight Black powder by Stampdenous...then reinked half the stamp and repeated the process.  The next step was to heat all the powder with the heat gun. 

I then found a clip art of Mary Poppins on the internet.  I glued to the center of my frame. 



The next step was to use Seedless Preserves and Evergreen Bough Distress ink and ink the tag all over.  I let that sit for a minute or so then I wet a paper towel. I took this and dabbed at portions of the tag where the paint was.  Then I took Misting Spray in Sterling Silver (by Michelles Musings) and sprayed the whole tag.  Tim's next embellishment was roses made from his tattered pinecone die.  I do not have this either so I drew my own.  I drew the design onto a piece of white paper. 


I used this for a pattern to cut two spirals from cardstock.  I inked the cardstock with the Seedless Preserves and the Evergreen Bough. I then wet the paper with a misting bottle. I got it pretty wet.  I took a toothpick and put some Alene's quick dry glue onto one end.  The next step was to wind the flower onto the toothpick starting with the wide end first.  I really tried to get the center nice and tight.  It was difficult with wet gluey paper. I set the flowers aside to dry.





While the flowers were drying I took a sheet of green scrappaper and hand cut a leaf.  After that I inked the entire thing with Evergreen Bough.  I wadded it up like it was trash, opened it and then used Vintage Photo Distress Stain. 




It was now time to put it all together!!!I used a metal tag saying "altered" and painted it with the Distress Picket Fence paint.  While that was drying I wired a silver shoe (from an old necklace), two kinds of purple ribbon (scrap) and a #17 for the street where the Banks family lived (#17 Cherry Tree Lane).  I stamped gears onto 3 different spots on the tag using Archival Black ink by Ranger.  I added a camera by K&Co, rhinestones by Recolletions and a butterfly stamp.  The butterfly stamp and the gears are by Hampton Arts.  


This was fun Tim, thanks.