04 November 2012

Pondering Life's Issues

I would be lying if I said the last few months have been easy....with the death of my father-in-law there have been many challenges that our family has had to face.  While making today's cards I was reflecting on the what could have been, what should have been done a long time ago. 

I won't bore you with details, but I have learned that not only do you need to ensure your documents are in one place (which mine have always been), but they need to be in order and you need to make a list of the policies you have.  You also need to make sure that the ones you leave behind are cared for.  If they cannot take care of themselves you need to make sure your wishes are known regarding them.  Even if they are an adult. 

With these photos I wondered about the women in the photos, I wondered about their lives and if they were cared for. I wondered did their family neglect their needs because they were afraid of them?  Did their family let them make choices they simply were not equipped to make?  Or did they have the most perfect life and death?  Such a depressing topic today.  So we move on and think about how pretty the ladies are. Simply beautiful.

The last lady is one that I painted and she is inspired by Billie Burke.  I have been reading about her and she is quite interesting.  I made this lady a winter fairy, but she is very much based on Glinda the Good Witch of the North. 

Thank you for viewing today.  Have a wonderful day! 

Thank you CR84FN for the color choices, colors I might not choose to use, but I am pleased with the results.